Thursday, June 26, 2008

Electric not for me..?


About 2 years ago, I got a Tom Delonge Fender Stratocaster from my uncle. He is primarily a blue grass guitar player who sticks with acoustic stuff. Well I guess he decided to try out the world of blues/electric riffs. Long story short back when I was at the height of my guitar interest, he just gave it to me.

Until recently, I never had an amp for it but for my birthday last year (big 2-2) I invested in a VOX AD50VT Valvetronix amp. The main thing I was shopping for was a tube amp for a reasonable price.

After playing the strat I have found that making the transition from acoustic to electric has been more frustrating that I had imagined. I assumed that since acoustic guitars generally have higher action and more string tension that jumping on the electric train would be easier. Not so much, I learned that a lot of the songs and jams I enjoy so much on acoustic either aren't as fun on electric or just don't have that tone that I am used to enjoying from acoustic.

So what to do? keep pushing through the frustration..?

nah, for now I am going to get back on what got me started into this hobby, acoustic guitar.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Rock Band blows away your P.O.S. real thing!