Monday, July 7, 2008

Dave Matthews Concert in Charleston

I have had tickets for this since around April. Turns out this bad boy was sold out, I can't say I was shocked but I wasn't sure if Dave was still consistently selling out his concerts.

I heard from a few people that tickets were going on sale on ebay for hundreds of dollars, crazy. Nevertheless, it was at the Charleston Riverdogs stadium which isn't far from my girlfriends place so it worked out really well. As for the whole experience, .... awesomeeee ... Of course we wanted to tail gate before we went into the concert. To my surprise, there were signs stating "No open container" everywhere around the stadium. I'm still not 100% what this law means but what it means to ME, is that to drink your beer out of solo cups and don't show off your cans/bottle, ha! My thoughts were that no one was supposed to have beer at all during the concert, ah..

The show was great, every song played I was aware of, unlike a few past concerts. Here is the set list:

  • Seek Up

  • Old Dirt Hill

  • Best of Whats Around

  • Crush

  • You Might Die Trying

  • #41

  • Everyday

  • Corn Bread

  • Sail Away

  • Sledgehammer

  • Ants Marching

  • Sister

  • So Damn Lucky

  • Louisiana Bayou

  • Crash Into Me

  • So Much To Say

  • Anyone Seen The Bridge

  • Too Much

  • Hey Hey My My (Into the Black)

  • Tripping Billies

A more important note, guess who else was playing with DMB, mr Tim Reynolds him self! He was playing electric the whole show and it was pretty wild. I still really want to see a show with only him and Dave playing. So what was the neatest song of the night? In my opinion, this Neil Young Cover of "Hey Hey My My" was my favorite, here is the same cover from a different concert:



No comments: